Having a cake sale in aid of a charitable cause is a great idea. Cake sales are fun to organise, fun to attend and can earn a considerable amount of money for your charitable cause. In this post we look at how to promote your charity cake sale to maximize your fundraising efforts.
Create a poster for your Cake Sale
Ensure your Cake Sale Poster is easy to read, eye catching and contains all the vital information. Be careful not to overwhelm readers by adding to much text.
Use our ‘Free Cake Sale Poster Template‘ to create your poster now.
Once you have your poster look for places locally that you can display it. Here is a small selection of good places:
- At your place of work.
- Other places of work around your venue.
- At your venue itself.
- Community Boards (You will typically find these in Supermarkets, Libraries, Hospitals, Town Halls, Community Center’s and Colleges)
Create a Social Media Post
Similar to your Poster, create a post for social media that is similar. Eye-catching, easy to read and contains everything people need to know to attend.
Here are some places we recommend you look to share your post.
- Your own social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Look for local community groups on Facebook and ask if you can put up a post on their group to advertise your cake sale.
- On Twitter add a post that uses local hashtags for added attention. E.G. If you cake sale was in Cambridge, add #Cambridge to the text of your post
Word of Mouth
Talk, talk and talk about your event. Tell your friends, clients, anyone and everyone and ask them to let others know. Even with all the advances of social media, word of mouth is still one of the most effective forms of marketing.
Radio / Newspaper
If your area has a local community radio station/ newspaper, ask if they will plug your event for free as its for charity. The worst they can say is no.
Ask for permission to send an email to everyone working within your company to make them aware of your Cake Sale.
Contact Local Communities
Look for community groups in your area and invite them to attend. Such as a local book club, mother and toddler, counselling group and so on.
These are some of the key ways you can promote your event to ensure it gets good attendance. There are many others, and if you have some that have worked for you we would love to hear from you. Contact Us